Our hormones do so much to keep us well. They give us the energy we need to move, they help build strong muscles, they regulate our libido and sleep cycles and they keep every part of our body functioning properly. Our bodies are very used to this treatment, so when we suddenly become deficient in a hormone or an imbalance exists between hormones, the results often show themselves in unpleasant, frustrating ways.
- What Causes Hormone Imbalances?
Some hormone deficiencies and imbalances, such as menopause and perimenopause, are natural processes that that body simply must go through as a part of aging. Unfortunately, even normal, natural processes such as these can come with some significant symptoms. Other hormone conditions are brought on by autoimmune conditions, genetic factors, lifestyles and even environmental factors that may largely be out of your control.
Regardless of the cause of your hormone disorder, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, also called BHRT, can be a powerful treatment to bring your body back into balance and combat the symptoms or even the root cause of your condition.
Conditions Treated with Bioidentical Hormones:
- Adrenal Disorders
- Adrenal Disorders occur when your adrenal glands make too much or not enough hormones. These glands produce hormones that you can’t live without, including sex hormones and cortisol. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy can be used to bring your adrenal hormone levels back to optimal levels.
- Andropause is marked by the declining production of testosterone in men. This usually occurs between the ages of 45 and 55. BHRT is a natural therapy to restore youthful levels of testosterone and relieve the symptoms of andropause.
- Fibromyalgia is chronic, widespread pain and tenderness to touch that may be localized or prevalent all over the body. Checking your sex hormones and cortisol production will help determine if a deficiency may be a contributing factor and whether BHRT can help.
- Insulin Resistance
- Insulin resistance occurs when your body either does not produce enough insulin or is not using insulin effectively. This causes glucose levels in your blood to elevate, leading to diabetic symptoms and complications. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy may help treat the underlying cause of some forms of insulin resistance.
- Menopause is a gradual process that happens when a woman’s ovaries produce less estrogen and progesterone. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy uses natural hormones to provide relief from symptoms and to correct hormonal imbalances and deficiencies.
- Osteoporosis occurs when bone density decreases, often due to estrogen deficiency. Osteoporosis often occur in women after menopause. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy can help restore the proper amounts of estrogen needed to protect you from osteoporosis.
- Parkinson's Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease is a neurodegenerative brain disorder affecting the nerve cells in the brain. Research has shown bioidentical hormone therapy, especially two forms of bioidentical estrogen, estradiol and estriol, may slow the progression and symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease.
- Perimenopause occurs in the years before menopause when the ovaries produce less estrogen. Symptoms can include menstrual irregularities, hot flashes, low libido, vaginal dryness and insomnia. Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help ease the side effects of this natural transition.
- Thyroid Disorders
- Thyroid Issues such as hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism can affect your overall health and wellness. Every cell in your body depends on thyroid hormones. When your thyroid is not performing well, it can wreak havoc on your body. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy can help restore proper thyroid hormone balance.
- Weight Loss Resistance
- Weight Loss Resistance can occur when factors such as chronic stress, age or genetic variables disrupt the hormonal balance of the body. Imbalances of estrogen and progesterone are typical causes of weight loss resistance. Restoring optimal hormone levels with bio identical hormone replacement therapy can help you get to a healthy weight.
Get Relief with Natural Bioidentical Hormones
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy can treat these and many other hormone-related conditions. BHRT uses bioidentical hormones, which are hormones that are chemically identical to the hormones that your body naturally produces. They are derived from natural sources such as soy, yams and other plant matter.
If you believe you are suffering from one of the above or another hormone-related condition, a BHRT doctor can help. They will review your complete hormone profile, medical history and symptoms to diagnose and treat the underlying cause of your troubles.
Find Bioidentical Hormone Specialists Near You
Click your state below to begin visiting the websites of the bioidentical hormone doctors close to you, and contact your favorites to talk about your symptoms, ask questions and decide whether an office visit is something you want to pursue.
Don’t suffer with your hormone-related condition any longer than you have to. You may be able to significantly reduce or even eliminate your worst symptoms by supplying your body with a natural, identical version of the hormone it is no longer producing on its own.
The BHRT doctors on our directory have treated men and women who have gone through exactly what you are going through now, and they can help you.